If you own your tractor and are looking for a stable, local freight opportunity, Florida Rock & Tank Lines has just what you are looking for and more. As an Independent Contractor, you will be delivering petroleum products to commercial and industrial customers in the Southeast region. In addition to stable freight, we offer a comprehensive independent contractor / owner operator support program designed so you can succeed in safety, maintenance and profitability in your business.
Always supported! Mentoring provided for new drivers thru 1st yr.
Why Join the FRTL Team?
- Stable Freight
- Weekly Settlements
- Tank Truck Industry Leader
- PeopleNet Tanker Workflow & Electronic Logs
- Discounted Fuel & Tires
- Permit and Fuel Tax Filing
- Free Under Dispatch Auto Liability Insurance
- Operate Under FRTL DOT Authority
- Parking at FRTL Terminal or Approved Domicile Location
- Tractor age not to exceed 10 years
- Must be in compliance with DOT Annual Inspection criteria
- No frame modifications
- Exhaust system mufflers and heat shields
- Professional appearance
- Windshields and cab must be free of accessories which obstructs driver’s vision
- Maximum 19,000lbs including driver and fuel
- Highest point not to exceed 11’6”
- Wheelbase of 185” to 220”
- ECM set at 65mph maximum speed
Independent Contractor / Owner Operator CDL-A Truck Driver Eligibility:
- Only the owner(s) as state on the tractor title are authorized to drive the IC tractor.
- Be at least 23 years of age
- Possess a valid CDL-A with Tanker Endorsement, HazMat for petroleum & chemical. (May apply without endorsements but must obtain prior to execution of contract) issued by resident state of the driver.
- One year verifiable tractor-trailer experience
- No record of a driver's license suspension or revocation as a result of traffic violations for more than 30 days during the 3 year period prior to the date of hire. Suspensions for Failure to Appear, failure to meet financial responsibility laws, or Non-Moving Violation Convictions are excluded.
- No record of citation or conviction for the violations listed below in any motor vehicle during the 3 year period prior to the date of hire, excluding item “a”.
- a. Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs in previous 10 years.
- b. Refusal to take a test required by an implied consent of similar law.
- c. Reckless homicide or involuntary manslaughter.
- d. Operating while under suspension or revocation.
- e. Leaving the scene of an accident or revocation.
- f. Speed exhibition, contest, or drag race.
- g. Use of a motor vehicle in the commission of a felony.
- h. Assault with a motor vehicle.
- i. Reckless driving or careless endangerment.
- j. Operating a motor vehicle without permission of the owner.
- k. Fleeing or eluding a police officer.
- l. Speeding in excess of 25mph of the posted speed limit.
- No record of convictions in any motor vehicle for more than two motor vehicle violations during the 3 year period prior to the date of hire.
- Meet all requirements as outlined in the Department of Transportation, CFR 49, Part 391.1 (a)
- No more than one at-fault accident and one moving violation conviction in the last three years.
- Be able to pass DOT physical and NIDA pre-contract drug test
- No controlled substance conviction or positive drug test in the last 10 years
- Must be able to read and speak English sufficiently to understand highway signs/signals and complete required reports and records