If you own your tractor and are looking for a stable, local freight opportunity, Florida Rock & Tank Lines has just what you are looking for and more.
As an Independent Contractor, you will be delivering petroleum products to commercial and industrial customers in the Southeast region. In addition to stable freight, we offer a comprehensive independent contractor / owner operator support program designed so you can succeed in safety, maintenance and profitability in your business.
Why Join the FRTL Team?
- Average up to $3,100 / week (varies by location)
- Average $2.84 CPM
- Up to 68% of linehaul pay
- Home Daily!
- Multi-Driver/Tractor opportunities
- Comprehensive Benefits Program offered by 3rd party
- Very stable, essential year-round freight
- Tank truck industry leader
- PeopleNet tanker workflow & electronic logs
- Discounted fuel & tires
- Permit and fuel tax filing
- No cost auto liability insurance while under dispatch
- Operate under FRTL DOT authority
- Parking at FRTL terminal or approved domicile location
- 100% Fuel Surcharge
- Weekly settlements
- Tractor age not to exceed 10 years
- Must be in compliance with DOT Annual Inspection criteria
- No frame modifications
- Exhaust system mufflers and heat shields
- Professional appearance
- Windshields and cab must be free of accessories which obstructs driver’s vision
- Maximum 20,000lbs including driver and fuel
- Highest point not to exceed 11’6”
- Wheelbase of 185” to 220”
- ECM set at 65mph maximum speed
Independent Contractor / Owner Operator CDL-A Truck Driver Eligibility:
- You must have a minimum of 1 years of verifiable tractor-trailer experience within the last 3 years
- Only the owner of the tractor or authorized drivers are allowed to drive the IC tractor
- You must have a Class A CDL with the ability to obtain Tanker (N) and Hazmat (H) or a combination (X) endorsement
- You must have no more than 2 moving violations or 2 at-fault accidents within the last 3 years. No more than a combination of 1 moving violation and 1 at-fault accident within the last 3 years.
- You cannot have any suspensions of your license for more than 30 days within the last 3 years
- You must be proficient enough in English to understand highway traffic signs and signals, respond to official inquiries, make entries on reports and records, and converse with the public.
- No DUI, OWI, or DWI within the past 10 years
- You must never have tested positive for drugs or alcohol while working for a previous employer or lease carrier
- You must have no record of refusal to take a drug or alcohol test
LeadFlex Job ID: 12575
Post Date: 02/01/2023